Monday, February 1, 2010

Working Hard or Hardly Working?

WORKING HARD!

The first couple days have been great. Everyone at the hotel is extremely friendly and willing to help me learn everything. I have already been offered rides to other cities on the south island when other people are headed there. I'm not sure if I will take these offers up yet but its nice to know I have a cheap, cheap, cheap option.

The people working in the hotel are half and half. Half temporary and half permanent. There are a bunch of nations being represented as well: New Zealand (of course), United States (again obvious), Ireland, Brazil and France are the nations of people I have met so far. Queenstown is full of people stopping through and finding a job for a while before moving on to the next city they want to see, so there is a lot of diversity and short term jobs.

So far all of my work has been excel spreadsheets and a little redundant but I understand it so that's great news :-). Hopefully soon I will be helping with events and marketing.

I haven't gone back into Queenstown yet, but am planning to go sometime this week to scout out a post office and some souvenirs.

Sending love back to the U.S.!

1 comment:

  1. E - So fun to keep up with your adventure! Love the pics and hope you post a ton more. Have a blast, be safe and stay hizzle foshizzle my dizzle!

    ReplyDelete