Thursday, February 25, 2010

4 weeks in!

I've officially been here a month!

Well on Sunday I came into town early and fed the birds down by the water and walked around a bit. The computer shop was closed, so I didn't get to drop it off until Wednesday (still dont have it back yet).

This week has been great. Work has been the usual with registers and researching how and where to market. Tuesday night I watched House with Janelle and had popcorn. Wednesday was Lost and that was exciting as it always is :-)

Thursday night I went to Aleisha's house and had Bolognaise Pizza and watched Alice in Wonderland (she was a little appalled to the fact that I had never seen it). Bolognaise Pizza has bolognaise sauce, ground hamburger meat, cheese and parsley. On the way home we stopped by her aunt and uncles house who were entertaining Americans for the evening - they were from Arizona and Iowa. Very exciting to be with my people :-P

I have spent today with Janelle. I met her at the hotel and we sat in the hot tub and sauna for the morning, had lunch then came into town on the 2 o'clock shuttle. We then went to the Kiwi and Birdlife Park (for free) and got to see more kiwi - no pictures this time because they weren't allowed - and other indigenous birds to New Zealand. Tonight we are bowling at the hotel, eating some junk food and watch a movie on TV.

The rest of the weekend will be low key - hopefully beautiful weather so I can lay by the lake and sketch a bit.

**Crossing my fingers to have my computer back soon**

No comments:

Post a Comment