Sunday, February 7, 2010

Back to Work


Yesterday morning I spent watching a documentary of Marlon Brando in the common room while eating some bruchetta bites. Nothing terribly exciting but it was nice not having to be any where at a particular time.

I went into town at 4. Walked around for a while then had dinner at The Cow and gelato (I tried after dinner mint - yummy!) from The Lick. Picked up a few groceries (including popcorn - FINNALY!) and got back home around 8. By the end of yesterday the sun was behind the clouds and the wind was blowing so it was a little chilly.

Today looked to be chilly this morning, but turned out to be beautiful. I was able to wear one of my dresses to work :-). Speaking of work I had a change of scenery today and was working in the bar at the register (re-programming and organizing the functions). So instead of a view of the mountain I could see the back patio and the pool. At the end of the day I was in the bowling alley working on their register which was fun because I was working around people at that point.

Haven't decided what I am doing yet tonight.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I could travel anywhere that didn't have popcorn... thank goodness they did or there would have been a FedEx emergency! Is it any different in New Zealand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little history for the blog readers on The Cow and Cow Lane! Pasta and Pizza are not what I would expect as traditional Kiwi fare but shows you what I know! In the 1860s, during the reign of Queen Victoria, Queenstown became the transit centre of a major goldrush. As today, the many people who lived here needed milk. Cows were kept in paddocks near where the old Queenstown school stands and each day they were herded and brought down 'Cow Lane' to be milked to provide milk for the hotels and others in Beach Street. For a time it was jokingly known as 'Bledisloe Lane' after the 'chauffeur' for Lord Bledisloe (then Governor General), took a wrong turn out of Camp Street. But obviously an older tradition has prevailed and we are proud of our historic 'Cow Lane'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know, there would have been an emergency phone call if I wouldve been one more place where I couldnt find popcorn. It isnt different, but there arent as many choices. . . havent found kettle corn at least.

    Fun facts about the cow uncle scott!

    ReplyDelete