
I flew into Queenstown Saturday morning from Auckland. The experience at the Auckland airport was the most pleasant airport atmosphere I have ever known. You checked your luggage yourself and everyone was happy and helpful (especially the security guards who do not require you to take your shoes off). The flight down was mainly over the water but once I was over the south island it was beautiful mountains that were spotted with sheep all the way to my decent into the airport.
The drive was just as beautiful with the lake surrounded by mountains. The weather is sunny and about 75 degrees. I love it here.
Saturday I moved in, went grocery shopping and walked around town a bit, where there are a lot of different languages being spoken because it is a very touristy town.
Sunday morning I walked down to Queenstown which took about 2 hours (with my photo stops that is). The photo at the top is me at the wetlands park that I walked through on my way down to town. There were some great views on my way down and lots of sheep, horses and flowers.
Every night that I watch TV in the common room I feel as though I am in a time machine. Saturday I was watching music videos and the Backstreet Boys "Bye Bye Bye" was on then the Spice Girls came on after wards. Last night I watched Tales from the Crypt. It is an amazing jump back in time to 10 years ago :-)
I agree with the time warp television. When we went to France they had reality shows on that were at least five years old and dubbed very poorly.
ReplyDelete