Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Accomodations!

For the Auckland orientation we are staying in a hostel. But it is not a typical hostel where you wind up walking out with scabies (ask about my Galway, Ireland incident). This hostel has a sauna, rooftop sundeck, and hot breakfast. I am also pumped for the orientation where we will have a tour of Auckland, learning about the Maori culture and a trip to the Auckland zoo (where there will be KIWIS!).

When in Queenstown I will be in a furnished, 1 bedroom apartment that is a 2 minute walk from my internship. My apartment is in the Shotover Ridge Lodge (previously known as the Storm Cat Lodge) off Arthurs Point Rd. The furnishings include queen size bed, couch, table with 2 chairs and a kitchenette. I AM SO EXCITED :-)

Estimations of my location:
•8 Minutes to Queenstown centre
•15 Minutes to Arrowtown
•20 Minutes to Queenstown Airport
•10 Minutes to Coronet Peak Ski Area
•6 Hours drive to Christchurch
•3 ½ hour drive to Dunedin

No comments:

Post a Comment