
Christchurch weekend was a success!
On Friday we spent the day around the city checking out the cathedral, botanical gardens and just wandering around. Bre, Maria and I signed up for paragliding for Friday afternoon but at 2 o'clock the skies opened with rain and our trip was cancelled. That night we all ate dinner together then went 2 directions. Josh and Ingrid went to the symphony while the rest of us went to see Shutter Island. If you have not seen this movie yet I highly suggest it.
Saturday was the dolphin swim. We all boarded the bus in the morning for the hour ride to Akaroa. Akaroa was a small little town on the water that had lots of small shops and cafes. Only 5 of us went out to swim with the dolphins in our always flattering wetsuits. It took a while to find the dolphins, but once in the water they swam around you and came pretty close (we werent allowed to touch them). We took the bus back to Christchurch and then headed to the gondala. The sun was setting while we were at the top of the mountain which gave us some great views with the sunset. We ate together last night at Poppy Thai - yummy phad thai! A few of us went out for drinks before turning in for the night and the weekend was over.
IT WENT TOO FAST!!!
I'm so happy to be off the bus and back in Queenstown though.
So jealous! What a fantastic trip and experience. The gondola ride to the mountain top at sunset must be nothing short of amazing. If I can make one request... MORE PICTURES PLEASE!!!! Plus I am saving some wall space for one of your drawings!!! Next adventure for you needs to be Charleston! Come hang with us on the beach when you get a chance!!!! We are moving on Thursday to a community that is very, like walking distance, to the beach. We see dolphins there all the time, can't swim with them but you can watch them. I am sure you are looking forward to Mom and Dad getting there and I know they are looking forward to it as well. Peace out chickadee!
ReplyDeleteI thought Shutter Island would be your kind of movie! I can't convince Bill to see it because Leonardo DiCaprio is in it. This post has also put me in the mood for Phad Thai, I don't think it will be hard to convince my mom and brother :P
ReplyDeleteI cant put up more pictures until my computer is fixed and with me again. I promise that as soon as I get it there will be more pictures!
ReplyDeleteKiley tell Bill to go see the movie because Martin Scorsese is a genious and its a shame to not see his work.