Well the pictures from my last post are of me and Janelle doing the Safari of the Scenes for all of the Lord of the Rings scenes in Glenorchy (about a half an hour drive from Queenstown). We got to do it for free, which was AWESOME, and had a blast. It was a little off putting in the beginning because there was frost on the ground but once we stopped for coffee and some biscuits I had found my enthusiasm!
This past week I just hung around my place getting some laundry done after work and even starting to pack a little. On Friday I slept in and met up with Janelle in the evening. Her boyfriend, James, made us dinner and the three of us went to see Green Zone, which is the new Matt Damon movie. The movie was following US soldier in Iraq 2003. Not the prettiest picture painted for the American government in the movie, but good none the less!
Saturday I hung out with Aleisha, Paul, Gabbie and Isaac. We drove to Wanaka to go to puzzle world which is a huge maze and some illusion rooms that really screw with your mind (check out the Willy Wonka room at the top of this post!). The maze was pretty hard and we ended up splitting into two teams and racing. Somewhere along the way it says by the time you finish the maze you have usually walked for 2 or 3 kilometers. GOOD WORKOUT!! We had drinks at Aleisha and Paul's house later that night and had a blast (I felt like I was back in Athens drinking and chilling with my college buds).
Saturday night was fall back which was great that we got another hour of sleep, but now it's dark at 7. Getting excited about summer in the states!
Sunday was recovery. And today kicked off my last week at the Coronet Peak Hotel! I now only have 3 days left at the Coronet Peak Hotel, Beth flies in Saturday and two weeks from now Mom, Dad, Abby, Alex and John will be here. The time has gone sooooo fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment