Well I have successfully finished my internship! Everything is turned in and all my hours at the hotel are complete.
My last week was all about wrapping up all the projects I have started while I've been there and giving suggestions about how to keep them going so all my work wasn't for nothing. Thursday night my bosses and their daughter took me out for dinner to celebrate me being done.
Yesterday (my first internship free day) I did not sleep in. I went to town and walked around the Queenstown Gardens, sat by the lake and watched the ducks. It was a relaxing morning but I still don't enjoy waking up at 7. Last night I took Aleisha out for dinner as a thank you for driving me around the whole time I've been here (I'm buying Janelle lunch today since she's taking me to the airport). I was wearing a dress, ordered ribs and somehow managed to be graceful enough to not get any sauce on my dress!
I have had the time of my life here. I am ready to go home, but at the same time I never want to leave. I love being so close to the water and having the mountains all around me.
Next adventure is a week in Queenstown with Beth. After that Queenstown, Wellington, Auckland, Cairns and Sydney with the family. :-)
Yay! I'm so glad you had a good time :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on a great adventure and hopefully a learning experience! Will you be blogging until you come home? I don't want to remove the link if there is more to come!
ReplyDelete